Job type: Full time, permanent
Sate date: as soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
We are looking for a talented and dynamic Architectural Technologist / Technician to join our team.
As our Architectural Technologist / Technician, you will be responsible for creating and preparing complex construction drawings based on schematic / design development sketches. In the last 5 years, you have gained technical expertise and knowledge through supporting architectural and construction teams on project requirements, including providing solutions to improve concepts and design problems, developing detailed project documents, managing project timelines, and communicating project updates with the internal team and external clients.
You strongly believe in serving those you work with a high level of integrity, quality, and excellence. You are passionate about learning new technologies and systems and consider yourself an expert in Revit and AutoCAD. You are known for being organized, detail oriented, and solutions focused. As a highly engaged team member, you understand the importance of building trust and creating a fun and collaborative place to work.
The focus of this role is to assist and support the Architects with a wide range of activities including the following:
- Create and prepare complex construction documents and specifications for various architectural projects
- Create 3D architectural models
- Document and annotate 2D drawings, sections and details
- Work from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Contribute to QC/QA efforts in drawings production.
- Attend design meetings with clients, architects, or engineers
- Check and verify design drawing’s conformance to specification and data.
What You Bring
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in architectural design / architectural technologist / technician experience combined with a post-secondary education equivalent to a 3 year college diploma in Architectural Technology. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong passion and proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of building construction practices and details
- Preference given to Architectural Technologist / Technicians with construction experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Thrives in fast paced and constantly changing creative and design environments
- Highly motivated, self-directed with the drive to get things done on time or ahead of schedule
- Strong time and project management skills and highly organized
- Ability to see and predict potential problems and find solutions
- Passionate about learning new technologies and systems and confident in using 3D modeling, Creative Suite, Office, and other relevant software
- Mandarin and Japanese language abilities are an asset
How to Apply
The internship is full-time for six to twelve months. If you have the experience and qualifications outlined above, please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio in a single PDF file (max 10 MB) noting Architectural Student: [your name] in the subject line to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those being considered for the role will be contacted.